Current:Home > StocksEthermac Exchange-Cassie breaks silence, thanks fans for support after 2016 Diddy assault video surfaces -RiskWatch
Ethermac Exchange-Cassie breaks silence, thanks fans for support after 2016 Diddy assault video surfaces
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 12:39:03
Cassie is Ethermac Exchangebreaking her silence for the first time about Sean "Diddy" Combs.
On Instagram, the "Me & U" singer expressed her thanks for the support she's received since a video surfaced last week of the embattled media mogul hitting, dragging and kicking her at a Los Angeles hotel in 2016.
"Thank you for all of the love and support from my family, friends, strangers and those I have yet to meet," Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura Fine, wrote on the social media platform. "The outpouring of love has created a place for my younger self to settle and feel safe now, but this is only the beginning. Domestic Violence is THE issue. It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become."
"With a lot of hard work, I am better today, but I will always be recovering from my past," she added.
Cassie said her "only ask is that EVERYONE open your heart to believing victims the first time. It takes a lot of heart to tell the truth out of a situation that you were powerless in." She said she offered her hand "to those that are still living in fear. Reach out to your people, don't cut them off," adding that "no one should carry this weight alone."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
After splitting from Diddy, Cassie found love with personal trainer Alex Fine. The pair share two daughters, Frankie, 4, and Sunny, 3, who the family welcomed in 2021.
Sean 'Diddy' Combsowned up to violent assault of Cassie caught on video. Should he have?
Cassie's husband Alex Fine, celebrities speak out in support of 'Me & U' singer: 'Love you so much'
Fine, who wrote a lengthy Instagram post of his own addressing the controversy last week, spoke out in support of Cassie in the comments section of her post.
"Love you so much , perfect example for our daughters. ❤️," the personal trainer commented on the post.
In addition to her husband, a slew of celebrities commented on the post including Tinashe, Jeannie Mai, Kelly Rowland, Taraji P. Henson, La La Anthony, DeVon Franklin, Justin Anderson, Black Coffee, Chloe Bailey, Chilli of TLC, LeToya Luckett and Chase Stokes.
"Sending so much love to you sweetheart ! We love u," Tinashe wrote.
"We love u. So sorry you had to go through those horrible times. No one deserves that. We appreciate your strength queen," Da Brat commented.
"The courage, strength, grace & fortitude you possess is immense to say the least. As we eternally stand with you, keep walking in your power beautiful, inspiring soul. You are BELOVED. Love you always," Nazanin Mandi wrote.
Sean 'Diddy' Combs seen hittingex Cassie Ventura in 2016 surveillance video
What happened in the hotel surveillance video of Cassie and Diddy?
The hotel surveillance video, originally obtained by CNN and released Friday, is reportedly from March 5, 2016, and compiled from multiple camera angles. The video matches allegations made in a lawsuit filed by Cassie last November as the pair settled one day later.
In the video, Ventura is seen in a black sweater with the hood up and duffle bag in hand, calling an elevator in what CNN reports is the now-closed InterContinental Hotel in Los Angeles. In a different camera angle, Diddy is seen in a bath towel running down the hotel hallway.
He catches up with Ventura before the elevator comes, striking and yanking Ventura by the hair and throwing her to the ground. The producer then kicks Ventura twice while she lies on the ground, picking up her bag and dragging her back toward the hotel rooms.
He then lets her go, appearing to say something to her as he walks back to a hotel room with her bag.
Diddy apologized last week for Cassie video: 'I'm disgusted'
Last week, Diddy took to Instagram to apologize after the video showing him assaulting Cassie emerged.
Speaking directly to the camera in a clip shared last Sunday on his Instagram page, the rapper, 54, said he makes "no excuses" for his behavior on the surveillance video, which was obtained by CNN and released last Friday.
"My behavior on that video is inexcusable," Diddy says. "I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I'm disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it, (and) I'm disgusted now."
Cassie's legal team slammed Diddy's apology in a statement shared with USA TODAY and other media last week.
"The gut-wrenching video has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of Mr. Combs," Doug Wigdor, Ventura's lawyer said. "Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this to light."
Contributing: Taijuan Moorman, Brendan Morrow
If you are a victim of domestic violence, The National Domestic Violence Hotline (thehotline.org) allows you to speak confidentially with trained advocates online or by the phone, which they recommend for those who think their online activity is being monitored by their abuser (800-799-7233). They can help survivors develop a plan to achieve safety for themselves and their children.
veryGood! (3424)
Related
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- A musical parody of 'Saw' teases out the queer love story from a cult horror hit
- Teenage murder suspect escapes jail for the second time in November
- Black Women Face Disproportionate Risks From Largely Unregulated Toxic Substances in Beauty and Personal Care Products
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- Remains of tank commander from Indiana identified 79 years after he was killed in German World War II battle
- Mark Stoops addresses rumors about him leaving for Texas A&M: 'I couldn't leave' Kentucky
- Attackers seize an Israel-linked tanker off Yemen in a third such assault during the Israel-Hamas war
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Irish writer Paul Lynch wins Booker Prize with dystopian novel ‘Prophet Song’
Ranking
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- Jordan’s top diplomat wants to align Europeans behind a call for a permanent cease-fire in Gaza
- China says a surge in respiratory illnesses is caused by flu and other known pathogens
- Why we love Wild Book Company: A daughter's quest to continue her mother's legacy
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Irish writer Paul Lynch wins Booker Prize with dystopian novel ‘Prophet Song’
- With antisemitism rising as the Israel-Hamas war rages, Europe’s Jews worry
- Beyoncé films to watch ahead of 'Renaissance' premiere
Recommendation
Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
Fragile truce in Gaza is back on track after hourslong delay in a second hostage-for-prisoner swap
Global watchdog urges UN Security Council to consider all options to protect Darfur civilians
Flight data recorder recovered from US Navy plane that overshot the runway near Honolulu
Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
Attackers seize an Israel-linked tanker off Yemen in a third such assault during the Israel-Hamas war
Flight data recorder recovered from US Navy plane that overshot the runway near Honolulu
Republicans want to pair border security with aid for Ukraine. Here’s why that makes a deal so tough